Homeowners Insurance: What if water enters my home from the ground level or seeps through my basement walls?

Your homeowners insurance will deny the claim…always.  Homeowners insurance policies exclude water damage, when the water has entered the house from the ground or surface level.  Water seeping through basement walls is typically categorized as entering from the ground level.  Surface or gound level water is more or less the definition of “flood” in the world of property insurance, and homeowenrs insurance policies exclude “flood” damage.  To protect against surface water, you must purchase a flood insurance policy.  You need this policy to protect yourself against what you stereotypically think of as a flood, but also simple surface water damage to your home.  Please contact us with any questions.

Posted on: February 28th, 2012 at 8:07pm by garyt. Filed under: Uncategorized

Get a Quote or call for a quote at 636-536-2229